The Beverly Hills Fire Department provides Public Safety to the community.
Our department is made up of 17 dedicated individuals who strive to protect our citizens and businesses. Our mission is: TO PROTECT, TO SERVE AND TO CARE. This message relays to everyone what we are, what we do and who we are. Although small, we exhibit a fierce determination to protect life and property in Beverly Hills.
The Beverly Hills Fire Department is a combination paid and volunteer department that currently serves a general population of 1,995 people that live and work in an 11 square mile radius. We have a current ISO rating of 6 which we strive to lower with each year.
- Debra Bruce – Fire Chief
- Thomas Schmidt – Assistant Fire Chief/Training/Equipment Officer
- Kevin Boswell – Fire Fighter
- Eugene Mirick – Volunteer Firefighter
- Wayde Hartman – Volunteer Firefighter
- Gary Higgins – Volunteer Firefighter
- Lance Leuschner – Volunteer Firefighter
- Tony Garcia – Volunteer Firefighter
- Nick Beveridge – Volunteer Firefighter
- Kerry Cantu – Volunteer Firefighter
Equipment and Operations:
The department currently has two pumpers and one rescue vehicle. The department responds to approximately 20 calls per year involving emergency and non-emergency public assists.
The duties include fire suppression, equipment testing and inspection, rescues, fire safety and many other types of public assists.
Our paid fire fighters are professionally trained and certified by the Texas Commission on Fire Protection and volunteers meet bi-weekly to attend training sessions conducted by fellow volunteers or fire certified personnel. They participate in classroom and hands-on sessions involving SCBA’s, pump operations, rescue and fire suppression.
The fire department recognizes that training is a vital part of being a volunteer firefighter. We assist and encourage volunteers to attend additional training. They are given the opportunity to attend Texas A & M Fire School, which allows them to observe and participate in learning experiences that they then can apply to their own department.
- MDA Fund Raiser and Telethon
- Annual Fund Raiser (BBQ,Car Wash or Bake Sale)
- Free Smoke Alarm and Installations. This is for seniors, 62 and older and disabled citizens.