The Village of Beverly Hills was incorporated on September 9, 1939.
On June 2, 1958, the Village of Beverly Hills became known as The Town of Beverly Hills, Texas. On September 13, 1993, the Town of Beverly Hills changed to a Type A General Law City and became known as The City of Beverly Hills.
We are a Class A General Law City with five Council members and one Mayor. The City Council and Mayor directs the management of the city, adopts all city ordinances and resolutions, and adopts the budget. The Council appoints one of its members as Mayor Pro Tem who will chair the council in the absence of the Mayor. Council meetings are held on the second Monday at 7:00 p.m. of every month.
The City of Beverly Hills is known as the city within a city. Being completely surrounded by the city of Waco, our boundaries will never grow. However, the city has grown in many other ways. The city has more area that is commercially zoned than residentially zoned.
We also are home to several shopping centers and a city park. A winding creek and rolling hills make our city a lovely place to visit, work, and live.
The Beverly Hills Department of Public Safety was established on January 1, 1995. The Department is a triple-trained municipal agency consisting of eight (8) sworn officers. Each officer is trained as police, firefighter and emergency medical aide. This training, combined with the latest equipment available, makes our officers very knowledgeable and proficient in their duties.
Beverly Hills depends on the city of Waco for water utility services. However, unique to our city is the Street Department, which gives personal attention to the needs of the citizens as well as maintaining the city-properties, vehicles and roadways.
City Hall is home to the administrative offices, council room, court room, city records, public safety department/dispatching, street department, and the community room. There is a Memorial Rose Garden and fountain located on the grounds. The Community Room is available for rental.
Beverly Hills is a member of the Texas Municipal League and the Heart of Texas Council of Governments. Though small, we have a voice and a contribution to the community and McLennan County.