The Beverly Hills Fire Department provides Public Safety to the community.
Our department is made up of 17 dedicated individuals who strive to protect our citizens and businesses. Our mission is: TO PROTECT, TO SERVE AND TO CARE. This message relays to everyone what we are, what we do and who we are. Although small, we exhibit a fierce determination to protect life and property in Beverly Hills.
The Beverly Hills Fire Department is a volunteer department that currently serves a general population of 1,995 people that live and work in an 11 square mile radius. We have a current ISO rating of 6 which we strive to lower with each year.
- Lance Leuschner – Fire Chief
- Wayde Hartman – Assistant Fire Chief
- Brian Richard – Captain
- Zachary Sullivan – Volunteer Firefighter
- Lathell Pullen – Volunteer Firefighter
- Brandon Henderson – Volunteer Firefighter
- Johnathan Zachgo – Volunteer Firefighter
- Dylan Lucko – Volunteer Firefighter
- Benton Garvis – Volunteer Firefighter
- Nicholas Candido – Volunteer Firefighter
- Gregg Lewis – Volunteer Firefighter
- Thomas Schmidt – Equipment Officer
- Debra Bruce – Secretary
Equipment and Operations:
The department currently has two pumpers and one rescue vehicle. The department responds to approximately 20 calls per year involving emergency and non-emergency public assists.
The duties include fire suppression, equipment testing and inspection, rescues, fire safety and many other types of public assists.
Our volunteer fire fighters meet bi-weekly to attend training sessions conducted by fellow volunteers or fire certified personnel. They participate in classroom and hands-on sessions involving SCBA’s, pump operations, rescue and fire suppression.
The fire department recognizes that training is a vital part of being a volunteer firefighter. We assist and encourage volunteers to attend additional training. They are given the opportunity to attend Texas A & M Fire School, which allows them to observe and participate in learning experiences that they then can apply to their own department.
- MDA Fund Raiser and Telethon
- Annual Fund Raiser (BBQ,Car Wash or Bake Sale)
- Free Smoke Alarm and Installations. This is for seniors, 62 and older and disabled citizens.